Monday, September 13, 2010

Desaru Adventure Again

Finally, after much waffling about we made it to Desaru for the second time. We crossed the Causeway at 5.30am and proceeded to gather supplies. 3 plates of wanton mee, 2 kgs of live prawns, a preemptive seasick pill and several hours later, we arrived largely unscathed at our destination: Kampung Nelayan in Desaru, Boatman – Ah Hee.

But first, some kool pictures of kute kats that we encountered along the way for my kat loving friends. Bingo!



My first trip to Desaru was an awesome affair, and I had high expectations for this trip. So high that I had wanted to get a spanking new Jigging Master reel to bring along. In short, I came all prepared to lay the Sweet Chin Music upon the Desaru-ean Creatures of the Deep.

How wrong I was. But the signs were obvious. If only I had known . . . . . .

I should have known when there was hardly any action for the first 2 hours, and the next 2 hours and the 4 hours after that.

I should have known when the most exciting fish of the day was a sea bass.

I should have known when there were no big fish (or any fish at all) and the boatman started telling us about all the big fish he caught YESTERDAY.

I should have known when we were so bored and we started talking about fishing a mermaid and what we were going to do to it if we caught one.

I should have known when we decided that if we did catch a mermaid, we would wrap her in banana leaves to keep her moist.

I should have known when the only reason for keeping the aforementioned mermaid moist was so that she would taste better when we pengkang-ed (bbq-ed) her with sambal.

I should have known when it started raining.

I should have known when it didn’t stop raining.

I should have known when we started singing the songs on the Michael Learns to Rock Greatest Hits album. In order.

I should have known when I heard that the boatman’s ringtone was the theme song of 爱.

I should have known when it stopped raining, then started raining again, and我问天我问天能不能别捉弄 (I asked the sky, oh sky, please don’t use us for your games) but it still didn’t stop raining and by this time, we were at Track 5 (25 minutes).

But most of all, I should have known when the duck rice stall at Taman Sentosa wasn’t open that morning =(.

As a consolation, we managed to lay the smackdown upon some unfortunate crayfish that wound up swimming in Nestum, as well as some innocent deer that fell on a hotplate.



Ah Desaru, 又再爱你折磨是我自己 (if I continue to love you, I am torturing myself)

Still, pictures are in order:














View Larger Map

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...